You are living abroad, want to move to Nijmegen and intend to stay longer than 4 months. Register in person within 5 days. Make an appointment by calling 14 024 or +31 24 329 90 00.
- If you intend to stay less than 4 months, you need to register as a non-resident
- The municipality determines the identity of every person who applies for registration in the Netherlands. Therefore you need to visit us personally with your id
- Minors (under the age of 16) also need to come to the appointment
- When you are registered you receive a Citizen Service Number (Dutch abbreviation: BSN). You need this number when you interact with the Dutch government, educational institutions, healthcare and taxes
- Will you stay in the Netherlands for more than 90 consecutive days? Then you’ll need a residence permit. Apply for this permit at the Immigration and Naturalisation Service
- Valid id (passport/ identity card/ residence permit) of yourself and of family members moving with you
- A rental or purchase contract of the house you want to be registered in, or permission from the main inhabitant (signed with date + a signed copy of an identity card or passport)
- In case you have them: other original legalised and translated documents about yourself or your children. Birth certificates, marriage or divorce certificates for example. You’ll find more information about legalisation of documents at government.nl.
- A proof of deregistration when unregistering from Curaçao, Sint-Maarten, Aruba, Bonaire, Sint-Eustatius or Saba