Registration of Non-Residents

Will you be staying in the Netherlands for less than 4 months? For example for work or studies? Register with the Registration of Non-Residents (RN)). You will receive a Citizen Service Number (Burgerservicenummer or BSN).

  • You stay in the Netherlands for less than four months and have to deal with the Dutch government, you are a non-resident
  • Register at the Stadswinkel Nijmegen or at one of the other RNI-counters in the Netherlands
  • Registration is free, if you need an extraction it will cost € 15,15
  • As soon as you are registered you'll receive a Citizen Service Number. You'll need this number when you interact with the Dutch government, educational institutions, healthcare and taxes