Will you be staying in the Netherlands for less than 4 months? For example for work or studies? Register with the Registration of Non-Residents (RNI). You will receive a Citizen Service Number (Burgerservicenummer or BSN). Make an appointment by calling 14 024 or +31 24 329 90 00.
- If you will be staying in the Netherlands for less than 4 months and have to deal with the Dutch government, you are a non-resident
- Register at the Stadswinkel Nijmegen or at one of the other RNI-counters in the Netherlands
- Registration is free, if you need an extraction it will cost € 20,85
- As soon as you are registered you'll receive a Citizen Service Number. You'll need this number when you interact with the Dutch government, educational institutions, healthcare and taxes
What you should bring with you
- Your id (passport, identitycard, or driver's license)
- Filled out form (rvig.nl)