This page contains information about registration for refugees from Ukraine. Schedule your appointment for registration Ukrainian.
How does it work?
It is important that you register with our municipality (the Personal Records Database - BRP). You need documents that prove that you have Ukrainian nationality. Do you not have Ukrainian nationality but have you also fled Ukraine? Then you can also register if the following points apply to you:
- You can prove your identity and nationality
- You can show that you had a temporary or permanent residence permit for Ukraine on February 23, 2022
Make an appointment
For an appointment to register, please call 0031 24 329 90 00. You can also schedule an appointment directly online:
Steps in scheduling appointment:
- Choose the number of adults and/or children that you would like to schedule an appointment for at the same time
- Choose a time
- Fill in your contact information
- Confirm the appointment
Bring the following documents to the appointment
- Your passport or ID card and/or any residence permit for Ukraine
- A signed authorisation for registration and a copy of the ID card of the main occupant of the address where you are staying. Or proof of residence at a temporary shelter location (wristband, proof of residence). Or a rental contract (printed in colour) or proof of purchase of the address where you want to register
- Do you have children that are staying with you? If so, then bring your children to the appointment. Do your children not have their own document that proves their identity? If so, then you will swear an oath during the appointment in which you will swear as parent(s) that they are your child. Your child will then be able to register as normal
Your appointment is in Stadswinkel (City Shop). You can call and register in Dutch or English. If possible, bring an interpreter or translator with you. Read the questions and answers about register in Nijmegen (Dutch information).
Do you not have documents that clearly show who you are?
You cannot yet register with the municipality if the following points apply to you:
- You just came from Ukraine and you are an adult
- You have no clear proof with a photo to prove your identity
- Your identity document is not legible or not easy to translate
In that case, you must first collect a 'certificate of identity' from the Ukrainian embassy in the municipality of The Hague. This is what you have to do:
- Make sure that you bring two recent, identical, and official passport photographs. If you do not have any passport photographs, then go to a passport photographer to obtain official ones. For example, you can find photographers on Plein 1944 or in the Korte Nieuwestraat in Nijmegen
- Register your visit to the embassy on the internet beforehand
- Plan your journey to The Hague. The train journey from Nijmegen takes about 2 hours. Address: Zeestraat 78, 2518 AD ’s-Gravenhage (also called Den Haag (The Hague in English))
Please note: plan your journey as early as possible to increase the likelihood that you will be able to collect the certificate the same day
- Visit the Ukrainian ambassador’s office in the morning between 09:00 - 13:00. Preferably visit on a Thursday or a Friday
Please note: bring the following with you to the appointment:
- Your digital registration
- The identification papers you have
- Two recent, identical passport photographs
Your certificate will usually be ready the same day. You can use this certificate to register in the municipality.